Yep, there are still more ways for me to lighten up, and one way is by tossing in my Mountain Hardwear boggin for something lighter, yet still efficient. So, what better way to do this than by going with the Black Rock Gear Down hat! So, after a few emails with Evan from BRG I decided on the size medium and placed my order. Then a mere 3 days later, it was in my mailbox…So, here are the details from the Black Rock Gear site:
- -0.9 oz Ultralite Ripstop 20d (1.05oz/yd with DWR Coating)
- Insulation: 900 Fill Power Grey Goose Down
- Liner Materials: Dryline (Elastic Stretch Polyester)
- Thread: Gutermann 100% polyester
- High quality 50d Damask Woven Labels
Even though my head measures 22-1/4″ I went with the size medium (suggested 20 – 22″). Once the hat arrived, I quickly threw it on my scale and it weighed in at 0.9 oz (25 g), which allowed me to drop 1.5 oz off of my boggin weight!
But anyway, without getting into too much more, here is the video that I shot the other day showing off the hat…
So, there are 2 things that I want to hit on one more time before I close this post out.
- Black Rock Gear customer service ROCKS!
- The Black Rock Gear down hat ROCKS!
So, I think that pretty much sums it up. If you are thinking about getting a new hat, I highly suggest checking out the Black Rock Gear down hats. Until then, thanks for taking the time to read my post and for watching my video. If you have any comments please feel free to leave them below.